John Kirby, a spokesman for the National Security Council at the White House, has now reportedly confirmed the demise of a second American citizen in Sudan on Wednesday.
Kirby informed the media during a virtual chat that the unidentified American had passed away on Tuesday.
Kirby also mentioned the truce that was arranged by the US and began on April 24 at 0:00.
The State Department last week estimated that there are roughly 16,000 Americans in the country as a result of the outbreak of fighting, the majority of whom are dual citizens of the United States and Sudan.
This estimate is highly speculative, however, as Americans are not required to register their travel or their location with American missions abroad.
Over the weekend, the Biden administration authorized a risky evacuation of around 100 embassy personnel from the capital of Sudan.
Convoys are said to be moving from the capital to the Port of Sudan as Sudanese, American, and other foreign people evacuate Khartoum, the epicenter of the conflict between rival military groups of the Sudanese Armed Forces and the paramilitary group the Rapid Support Forces.
Despite the fact that violence has persisted since the cease-fire went into effect on Monday at midnight local time, Kirby said conflict has diminished and the U.S. is in direct touch with both the leaders of the warring groups.
The capital city has been paralyzed by intense fighting, including airstrikes, shelling, and street gun battles, which has killed hundreds, injured thousands, and put the region into a humanitarian crisis by endangering access to resources like water, electricity, the internet, food, medicine, and healthcare.
Over two weeks previously, a fierce military confrontation erupted between Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, commander of the Sudanese Armed Forces, and Mohamed Hamdan Dagalo, also known as Hemedti, who is in charge of the paramilitary organization Rapid Support Forces.