New reports are shedding light on what authorities describe as a chilling assassination plot targeting Ivanka Trump, allegedly orchestrated by an Iraqi national with reported ties to Hezbollah and Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC).
According to the New York Post, sources familiar with the matter identified the suspect as Mohammad Baqer Saad Dawood Al-Saadi, a 32-year-old Iraqi national who was recently captured and extradited to the United States after being taken into custody in Turkey. Officials allege Al-Saadi was connected to Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC, organizations long accused of carrying out Iranian-backed operations across the Middle East and beyond.
The reported plot was allegedly motivated by revenge for the 2020 U.S. drone strike in Baghdad that killed Iranian military commander Qasem Soleimani. The strike, ordered during President Donald Trump’s administration, dramatically escalated tensions between Washington and Tehran and fueled fears of retaliatory attacks against Americans.
The Department of Justice announced May 15 that Al-Saadi had been charged with six terrorism-related offenses. According to the DOJ, he allegedly operated as part of Kata’ib Hizballah and the IRGC and was involved in nearly 20 attacks or attempted attacks across Europe and the United States.
Among the most alarming claims were allegations that Al-Saadi had obtained blueprints or layout information connected to Ivanka Trump’s Florida residence, which she shares with her husband, Jared Kushner. Entifadh Qanbar, a former deputy military attaché at the Iraqi embassy in Washington, told the New York Post that the suspect openly discussed targeting Ivanka Trump following Soleimani’s death.
“He went around telling people ‘we need to kill Ivanka to burn down the house of Trump the way he burned down our house,’” Qanbar reportedly said.
Another source reportedly confirmed hearing details of the alleged plan.
Al-Saadi also allegedly posted a map image of the Florida property on social media along with a threatening message directed at Americans. In the post, he warned that “neither your palaces nor the Secret Service will protect you” and claimed that surveillance efforts were already underway.
The allegations have once again highlighted the long shadow cast by America’s conflicts in the Middle East. While supporters of the Soleimani strike argued it removed a dangerous military figure, critics have long warned that such operations can also trigger retaliation efforts that place American officials, military personnel, and even family members at risk for years afterward.
The United States Secret Service declined to comment directly on the reported plot. In a statement to Fox News, the agency said it does not discuss protective intelligence matters but “closely monitors information and intelligence related to any potential threat against those under our protection.”
The reported threat against Ivanka Trump comes as President Trump himself has faced multiple assassination attempts in recent years, including an incident in 2024 in which he was shot in the ear during a campaign event. Another individual was reportedly taken into custody last month after forcing his way into the White House Correspondents’ Dinner while carrying a manifesto condemning the president.
As federal prosecutors move forward with terrorism charges against Al-Saadi, the case is likely to renew debate over national security, political violence, and the lingering consequences of America’s decades-long entanglements overseas.
[READ MORE: Candace Owens Apologizes to Hunter Biden Over Coverage of Addiction Struggles]
